Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Commit - experience quitting

Changing habits and beating addictions is one of the most difficult things we do. Whether it is losing weight or quitting smoking, a drug alone is not enough - there has to be a support system.

The branding for Commit Lozenges is about associations. First, the ad communication dials into what associations commonly trigger a smoker's cravings. "I only smoke when I drink." "I like a cigarette after a meal." "I smoke when I'm out with friends."

Then, the website creates positive associations of quitting.

Commit offers not only a relief to cravings but includes on their website "My Quit Place" which provides a dosing calculator, a trigger detector, and a cravings pacifier, all of which are designed to help smokers break their habit.

"Quitting is a process, not an event," the website tells us. Great advice like this is all throughout the site. But my favorite is the Savings Calculator. This features lets you input the cost per pack of cigarettes and how many cigarettes you smoke each day. It then spits back how much money that is costing you each day, week, month, and year. For a society that is very financially driven, this is a great addition to the raft of reasons to quit.

1 comment:

Tammy and Mike said...

howdy! I've stumbled across your blog post about your Idaho winery trip...have you made any recent trips back this way? Anyways, anytime you feel the need for some Indian Creek (the syrah is tasting wonderful right now!), we can ship to Chicago...take care, ps. we have a blog too.

Tammy