Friday, February 06, 2009

2009 is the year to really "shine"

It is now the beginning of February, time to assess how your new year resolutions are progressing.

Consider shifting from resolution to reinvention. I received an email the other day with advice from Gary Ryan Blair which I found it to be a great approach to achieving your New Year's reinventions. It is about visualizing yourself after achieving those goals, and it drives you to invent your future self.

The following is a creative exercise for you to think about how to surpass your potential in the New Year.


How would YOU fill in this blank -- In 2009, I'm finally going to__________________________!


Now go forward-fast to December 31st. It's New Year's Eve going into 2010. You're reflecting on the past year, jotting down a few notes in your journal.

"I've got a lot to be thankful for this year...

I reduced my credit card debt by $______________________________.

I feel great and now fit into my________________________________.

I have increased my retirement fund by $________________________.

I have achieved a number of personal goals that include____________________.

I have exceeded my own expectations by accomplishing__________________________.

I've got nearly enough money saved for a nice family vacation in ______________________.

I've been fortunate to become a trusted advisor to my clients, like_________________________.

I upgraded my skills by learning_______________________.

I'm enjoying an even better relationship with____________________.

I am more balanced in life and work because I_________________________.



So, what did YOU write down? What are your aspirations for the coming year?

Are you ready to make 2009 the best year EVER?

If you found this exercise useful, click the link for more advice from Gary Ryan Blair:
http://www.gotresolutions.com/

No comments: