Thursday, June 07, 2012

8 words of strengths and 8 words of areas for improvement: Words that matter

In my blogs this week, I have featured words – words that matter.

Today, I’m sharing 8 words that describe my positives traits, along with 8 words that describe my areas for improvement.




Strengths:
  1. Variety
  2. Involved
  3. Relationships
  4. Options
  5. Innovation
  6. Appreciative
  7. Inspirational
  8. Initiates

Areas for Improvement:
  1. Glib
  2. Overpowering
  3. Patronizing
  4. General
  5. Avoid
  6. Undone
  7. Misses
  8. Defends
The origins of personality theory can be traced back to the fifth century BC, when Hippocrates identified four distinct energies exhibited by different people.

The preeminent personality model was first identified by the Swiss psychologist Carl Gustav Jung. This model was published in his 1921 work “Psychological Types” and developed in subsequent writings. Jung’s work on personality and preferences has since been adopted as the seminal work in understanding personality and has been the subject of study for thousands of researchers to the present day.

Using Jung's typology, I have often used it as a framework for self-understanding and development. Research suggests that a good understanding of self, both strengths and weaknesses, enables individuals to develop effective strategies for interaction and can help them to better respond to the demands of their environment.

I regularly use this profile pro-actively. That is, I identify some key areas in which I want to develop – and then I take action. In fact, by sharing important aspects with friends and colleagues, I can get feedback on areas that seem particularly relevant for me in developing an action plan for growth personally and interpersonally.

I welcome your comments.

No comments: